Join our young and international team at Xencio GmbH. We use AI and machine learning to provide business owners with real time business insights and analytics for strategic decision making.
We were recently selected as one of the Top 50 Start ups by Pioneers, and have also received approval for public funding from FFG. Our team is growing and we want you to join us. Our office is located in the gorgeous Wexelerate building, within walking distance from Schwedenplatz.
Xencio is looking for a Junior Back-End Developer to build new microservices and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization. As a Junior Back-End developer you will be involved in significant projects for the company.
Our technology stack is built using reliable tools that our team knows and trusts. They include the following:
- Java (Java 8, SpringMVC, SpringBoot)
- Dependency Manager (Maven, Gradle)
- NodeJS (Express)
- HTTP Concepts, REST API Design
- SQL (MySQL)
- Servlets/Web Server (Tomcat, Nginx)
Other technologies that could be useful include:
Furthermore, some knowledge of “Docker” could also be beneficial as even though we are not currently using them, but there is a high possibility that we might do so in the near future.
We are looking for engineers who pay great attention to detail, but at the same time, do not lose track of the bigger picture. Engineers who are team players and bring a positive attitude to the team.
Our team consists of hardworking people who are passionate about the company and what it aims to create. We believe in collaboration and creating a tight knit community. If the above mentioned qualities sound like the right fit for you, please get in touch with us.
What you will be doing
- You’ll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers and Frontend Engineers to conceptualize and build new features for our user base.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You’ll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you should have
- You’ve been building web applications professionally.
- You can take part in technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Xencio GmbH is a provider of financial intelligence and treasury automation software solutions. With a focus on cash flow analysis, and the use of AI and Machine learning, Xencio is able to help businesses small and big, save costs and be more efficient.
Xencio GmbH is based in Vienna, Austria. For more information on Xencio, please visit www.xencio.at.
We embrace diversity and inclusion in our workplace.